The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy (WPC) is pleased to make available images (35mm slides, 8x10 black-and-white or color prints, 4x5 color transparencies, and digital formats) of Fallingwater, the grounds, and collections. Please review the guidelines below before placing an order.
Reproduction and Publication Policy
- No photograph or image of Fallingwater, the grounds, or collections may be published or reproduced for commercial use without prior written permission and payment of applicable fees as determined by the WPC.
- All photographs or images must bear the requisite credit listed on the image, or if none is stated, "Courtesy of the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy." If space permits, we respectfully suggest inserting the following: "Fallingwater is located in Mill Run, Pennsylvania, telephone 724.329.8501."
- Permission to reproduce images is granted on a one-time basis only, as specified by WPC, and does not include exclusive rights. Any additional, subsequent, or different use of the image (including, but not limited to, website use, subsequent editions, book club or paperback editions, dust jackets, covers, endpapers, use in a broadcast or print advertisement, CD-ROM editions, redistribution in additional languages, sale of broadcast productions as videos for the home market, etc.) constitutes a reuse and requires additional application and permission, as well as payment of applicable reuse fees as determined.
- This permission is valid for a period of up to one year. If the work has not been published by the first anniversary of the grant of permission by the WPC the permission granted expires without the need for notice from the WPC.
- Permission is valid only for the individual, company, or institution to which it is specifically granted and may not be transferred, sold, assigned or otherwise disposed of without prior written permission of the WPC.
- The WPC reserves: a). right to review written text before release of the image is approved and b). right to deny permission to reproduce an image from its collection to any applicant whose product or work is deemed not acceptable to the WPC for any reason.
- Two copies of each work, publication or video (unless otherwise stated) in which the image of Fallingwater, its grounds, or collections appears must be sent to Clinton Piper, Museum Programs Assistant, free of charge.
- Photographic and electronic materials shall not be used to show or imply that the WPC or Fallingwater endorses any product, service, enterprise, or concurs with the opinions expressed in, or confirms the accuracy of, any service, text used with said materials.
- Photography cannot be supplied to individuals or companies operating a photographic hire or sale service.
- The WPC assumes no responsibility for any royalties or fees claimed by the artist or photographer, or on his or her behalf.
Requests for images (photographs, slides, transparencies and digital formats) must be submitted in writing to Clinton Piper, Museum Programs Assistant, Fallingwater, PO Box R, Mill Run, PA 15464; or by email: email@example.com. Images will be sent once an application is completed and signed, approved, and the appropriate fees paid. Requests will normally be filled within two weeks of payment.
Returns and Penalties
All loaned photographic materials must be returned to the Fallingwater, PO Box R, Mill Run, Pennsylvania 15464, after three months. No refunds will be made for unused materials. Return of photographic material after the three-month loan period ends will result in a holding fee of $10 per month. A replacement charge will be imposed for the loss or damage of borrowed materials.