By reviewing these helpful hints, you maximize your chances of enjoying Fallingwater as it was meant to be enjoyed…with a sense of peace, harmony and serenity. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Advance tickets or reservations are essential for all tours at Fallingwater. This guarantees you a tour although, during times of heavy visitation, you may still have a short wait upon arrival. While we book our tours for every half-hour, the tours may start as frequently as every six minutes. Once you have arrived, we will put you in the first available tour in your time slot.
If you plan to visit in July, August or October (our peak months), please call at least ten days to two weeks in advance. If you are bringing a group with you during those times, call six weeks in advance to avoid disappointment. For more information about group tours, please visit our Group Tour Information page. Other tips:
- If you desire the In-depth Tour purchase your tickets at least two weeks in advance for a weekday tour, one month in advance for a weekend tour.
- If you desire the Sunset or Brunch Tour purchase your tickets at least one month in advance.
- Allow at least 15 minutes extra time for travel. The roads to Fallingwater are rural, two-lane roads. If you are running late, rest assured – your reservation or ticket purchase guarantees you a tour of the house as long as you arrive before the last tour of the day.
- Picnicking is not permitted on the grounds of Fallingwater, but it is permitted at nearby Bear Run Nature Reserve or Ohiopyle State Park.
Make a Weekend Of It Here at Bear Run
- Bring along comfortable hiking shoes, and enjoy some of our 20 miles of outstanding trails at nearby Bear Run Nature Reserve.
- The Laurel Highlands are brimming with exciting adventures, all within a 25-mile radius of Fallingwater. Since you’re headed to Fallingwater visit the Laurel Highlands website for even more information.
On The Day of Your Visit
- Allow enough time on-site for strolling on the wonderful grounds around Fallingwater and experiencing our visitor center where you will find our museum store and cafe. We recommend that you plan to stay with us for at least two hours.
- Expect considerable walking. Please wear comfortable walking shoes!
- Note that there are no public restrooms inside Fallingwater itself. Please use the restrooms at our visitor center prior to beginning your tour.
- Come prepared for the weather. More than half of the tour is conducted outside, and mountain temperatures are generally about ten degrees colder than those in Pittsburgh.
- Summer tours are more comfortable in the cooler, morning hours.
- Fallingwater’s rooms are open for you to walk through with your guide. However, the hallways and doorways are narrow. Only small wallets and handheld cameras are permitted on tour. Please leave all larger purses, backpacks, camera bags, camera equipment and other cumbersome items in vehicles. To protect the house, our staff reserves the right to check any over-sized items at the front door.
- Fallingwater is a carry-in/carry–out facility. To encourage recycling and reduce odor from waste, we ask that you take you trash with you.
- Pets are not permitted in Fallingwater or on the grounds around the house. While we suggest you don't leave pets in your car, please use caution if you choose to do so as this can have adverse effects, especially on hot summer days. Provide as much protection as possible by parking in shaded areas and providing ventilation and water. When walking your pets in the parking lot areas, please be sure to use a leash and be courteous of other visitors by cleaning up after your pet. Pet lodging and daycare is available from several area facilities.
- Service animals are welcome to join you on the tour and on the grounds around the house. We ask that you have proper identification on the animal and have your certification card with you when you visit.
- We understand that many Fallingwater visitors will have mobility concerns. We are constantly working to make the visit comfortable for all ages. If you haven’t visited us before, view our accessibility information for a few tips to help you make your visit more enjoyable.
- Exterior photography, painting and sketching is permitted for personal use only. Photography, painting and sketching is not permitted at any point during the Guided House Tour. The use of drones is not permitted on the property.