Gifts Outside your Will
Consider making a gift through your Retirement Plan, Life Insurance Policy, or Brokerage or Bank Account.
Gifts by Beneficiary Designation - Retirement and Life Insurance Plans
Naming Fallingwater as a beneficiary of a retirement plan, life insurance policy, brokerage or bank account is a generous way to support our shared vision for future generations.
Qualified retirement plans and life insurance policies are non-probate assets. This means you can make a gift through a beneficiary designation, even if you don’t have a will. Any remaining amount, or the insurance proceeds, will be distributed to the people and/or organizations you’ve named as beneficiaries.
You can request a Change of Beneficiary Form from your plan administrator and add the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy/Fallingwater as a full or partial beneficiary. Make sure to include our Tax ID number: 25-1053485.
Immediate Gifts through an IRA Charitable Rollover
The IRA qualified charitable distribution is now permanent and is a terrific way to make a tax-free gift to Fallingwater using your qualified retirement plan. This gift may also satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD).
How Do I Qualify?
- You must be 70 ½ years old or older at the time of the gift
- Gifts must go directly from your IRA to WPC/Fallingwater
- Gifts must come from a traditional IRA or Roth IRA account
- Gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per donor
Benefits of an IRA qualified charitable distribution gift
- Gifts can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes
- You will not pay taxes on your IRA withdrawal when gifted directly to WPC/Fallingwater
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact at Fallingwater
To make a qualified distribution to WPC, please instruct your IRA custodian to issue a check to:
Legal Name: Western Pennsylvania Conservancy
Address: 800 Waterfront Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Federal Tax ID: 25-1053485
*Please remind your custodian to note your name and address on the transmittal or use this template to send to your IRA Custodian to authorize a rollover to WPC.