Original Frank Lloyd Wright Drawings
The entire collections archive of Frank Lloyd Wright's original architectural drawings, including those of Fallingwater, is housed at the Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library at Columbia University in New York City. Drawings in that collection are under copyright by the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation. As such, Fallingwater cannot provide researchers with digital or print reproductions of drawings. You may directly contact the Avery archives to arrange a visit to review the collection.
As Built Architectural Drawings
A set of “as built” drawings of Fallingwater is housed in the Library of Congress, in Washington, D.C. These drawings are available to download online for free and made available as part of the Library of Congress' Historic American Building Survey. The collection includes architecture drawings (completed circa 2010) as well as color and black-and-white photographs of Fallingwater (circa 1985). Visit the Library of Congress website to search and review Fallingwater drawings and photos. With the collection currently at 136 assets, the list below provides an approximate number range for various drawings or photos.
- Photographs of Fallingwater (color and b/w) are #1-#98.
- Drawings for Fallingwater: #99-#108.
- Photographs of the Fallingwater Guest House are #109-#130.
- Drawings for the Fallingwater Guest House are #131-#135.
- Drawing #136 is for former schoolhouse on our property, but not considered part of the Fallingwater house museum.