If you’re passionate about Fallingwater, we welcome you to consider one of the volunteer opportunities available on-site.
We rely on volunteers in countless ways. We invite you to use your skills in a rewarding setting with others who share your love of architecture and the great outdoors in a stimulating and unique environment.
What qualifications do I need?
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be responsible and enthusiastic.
Note: Some programs require that you attend an orientation and/or training class, or acquire special certification.
What can I do?
- Fallingwater volunteers donate hours or days throughout the season
- Volunteers work in a variety of capacities.
Volunteer Masking and Distancing Protocols
Fallingwater currently has the following guidelines in place to help keep staff, visitors and volunteers safe from COVID-19.
- Vaccinated and unvaccinated volunteers are required to wear masks indoors at Fallingwater’s buildings that are open to visitors, including in the house, café, museum store, gallery and the Visitor Center.
- Vaccinated volunteers are not required to wear masks in Fallingwater’s office buildings (e.g.: Barn, Visitor Services Building, Gardener’s Cottage, maintenance shop, kitchen), but still must wear masks in indoor spaces that are open to visitors.
- The following protocols apply to all volunteers regardless of vaccination status:
- Masks are not required outdoors, including the outdoor portion of the guided tour, unless volunteers will be working less than six feet apart from another person.
- Masks may be worn outdoors voluntarily by volunteers at any time.
- "Ask Me" Guide
- Cafe/Food Service
- Information Desks
- Landscape Hikes
- Museum Store
- School Groups
- Special Events
Other special projects arise periodically in which we can utilize the special skills that our volunteer pool provides.
For More Information
To find out more about volunteer opportunities at Fallingwater, please contact:
Fallingwater Volunteer Coordinator and Horticulturist
To apply to volunteer, download and complete this volunteer application and email it to Ann Talarek.